Why is it good to eat fish, or a few recipes from Norwegian salmon
Increasing the proportion of fish and other seafood in your diet can prevent a number of diseases. Thus, the use of fish in the main dishes and snacks, is one of the easiest ways to improve the quality of food and make it more healthy.
Any kind of fish contains the most essential nutrients needed by man. If we consider fish as an energy source, it should be noted that it contains protein and fats. The protein content in fish is about 20 percent, and this protein is of exceptionally high quality. High quality protein is considered, which contains all the essential amino acids. Nutrients necessary to maintain human life, amino acids must necessarily enter into the diet. The fat content in fish varies within very wide limits; moreover, fish is sometimes divided into categories depending on the content of fats and their concentration in the body of the fish.
- Total known about 25 thousand species of fish.
- Today there are about 19 thousand species.
- Fish can be found at depths of up to 8 thousand meters below sea level and at an altitude of up to 4 thousand meters.
- Fish live in all corners of the globe, except for continental Antarctica.
- In the waters of Norway, there are 276 species of fish.
- Of these, 80 species come into the Norwegian waters occasionally.
- In fact, the fauna of coastal and inland waters of Norway has 180 species of fish.
- 45 species live in Norway in quantities that allow them to fish.
Fish, which is classified as fat, rarely contains more than 20 percent fat. Only some species, such as herring and mackerel, can contain such a large percentage of fat, and even then only at certain times of the year. Due to the excellent balance of its composition, fish oil is considered an extremely valuable product.
- Less common fat, more unsaturated.
- More essential fatty acids, especially omega-3 fatty acid and alpha-linoleic acid.
- More fat-soluble vitamins D and A.
- More water-soluble B-complex vitamins.
- Minerals: more calcium, phosphorus and iron.
- Trace elements: more selenium and iodine.
- More biologically valuable protein.
Fat content in fish
Fat content is 0.3-3%, fat reserves are concentrated mainly in the liver
Moderately fatty fish
Contains 3-7% fat, mainly in the liver and muscle tissue
Contains 7-25% fat, mainly in the muscles
The fat in fish is unsaturated. It includes a large number of essential fatty acids and fat-soluble vitamins. Both essential fatty acids and fat-soluble vitamins are essential components of the diet that are necessary to maintain human health. Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D contained in fish are of particular importance, since the number of other natural sources of these nutrients is extremely small.
In addition, fish is a source of a large number of vitamins, in particular, B-complex vitamins, the most important minerals - calcium, phosphorus and iron, as well as trace elements: selenium, zinc and iodine. More fish should be included in the diet, and some of the species consumed should be bold: this will give the human body enough essential nutrients. In fish, there are only two types of vital nutrients missing: vitamin C and carbohydrates, but people get them in large quantities with other components of the diet. For example, if you eat fish with potato garnish for lunch, potatoes will be a source of essential vitamin C and carbohydrates. The same thing is a fish sandwich: besides potato, bread is an important source of carbohydrates. And the body's needs for vitamin C are satisfied by eating potatoes, fruits and vegetables.
There are many reasons for why it is advisable to eat fish literally every day - either a sandwich for a snack, or as a main dish with bread, potatoes, rice or pasta and lots of fruits and vegetables. With the almost complete absence of bonding tissue in the flesh of the fish, it is never rigid and well digested.
- How long can you keep cod fillets in the freezer?
- The shelf life depends on the temperature, packaging, initial quality and quality of freezing the fillets, but in any case is not more than six months. The quality of the product during storage is somewhat reduced, but there is no health hazard due to long-term storage.
- How long does it take to cook a whole trout or salmon carcass? How to determine readiness?
- Place the whole trout or salmon carcass in cold water, heat to boiling, and then cook in an almost boiling liquid at the rate of 20 minutes per kilogram of fish. The readiness of the fish is determined by the softening of the dorsal fin.
- What should be done to prevent the fish from falling apart when frying?
- The fish will not disintegrate if sprinkled with flour.
- Is it possible to consider that fresh-frozen fish contain as many nutrients as fresh fish that have not been frozen?
- Fresh-frozen fish is no less nutritious and tasty than fresh.
Several recipes from Norwegian salmon
Great Salmon Dish in the Blink of an Eye
Boneless Salmon Fillet - 500 g
Tagliatelle noodles - 280 g
Spinach - 250-300 g
Salt and pepper
Fry salmon in olive oil (3-4 minutes on each side) or bake in the oven.
Cook Tagliatelle noodles in boiling water with olive oil and salt.
Add in spinach a little olive oil and garlic, gently mix with noodles.
Place the salmon on top and serve immediately.
Salmon fillet baked in the oven with turnip and green beans in cider sauce
Salmon fillet - 600 g
Olive oil - 4 tbsp. l
Turnip, diced - 4 pcs.
Shallots, sliced - 4 pcs.
Asparagus beans - 200 g
Ground cumin, salt, pepper
Sugar - 8 tbsp. l
Apple vinegar - 200 g
−600 g of whipped cream
Unsalted butter - 4 tbsp. l
Divide the salmon fillet into four portions, salt and pepper and season with a pinch of ground cumin.
Place the fillets on a baking sheet, greased, at a short distance from each other. Bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes at a temperature of 220 ° C until golden brown.
To prepare the cider sauce, dilute the sugar in a saucepan, add apple vinegar and diced turnips. Let it boil until the turnips begin to soften, then take the turnip out of the pan.
Add whipped cream to sugar and apple cider vinegar and cook until the cream starts to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, add boiled turnip cubes to the sauce.
Shallots lightly fry, trying not to bring to brown. Boil the asparagus beans in highly salted water for 30 seconds and mix with onion shallots before serving.
Put the finished portions of salmon on a dish, place the shallots and beans next to the fish and pour over the sauce.
Pancakes with Norwegian Salmon and Capers Sauce
Flour - 1 cup
Milk - 2 glasses
Eggs - 2 pcs.
Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. l
Salt - 0.5 tsp.
Sugar - 2 tsp.
Cooking oil for frying
Fillet of fresh Norwegian salmon - 400 g
Leek - 100 g
Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp. l
Sauce and side dish:
Carrots - 300 g
Sugar - 1 tbsp. l
Olive oil - 1 tbsp. l
Butter - 200 g
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp. l
Capers - 60 g
Peel carrots and boil whole in water with added sugar and olive oil. Leek chop and boil for 10 minutes, then lay out, save the broth. Fillet of Norwegian salmon with a whole piece of boiled leek broth with a very weak boil, so that the fillet inside remains half-baked.
Remove from the liquid, dry, cool and chop. Then add mayonnaise and leek, mix. Prepare the dough for pancakes, mixing its ingredients, and bake pancakes. Wrap the mince in them and fry.
Prepare the sauce: melt the butter in a skillet, add lemon juice and heat until the oil darkens. Remove from heat, add chopped parsley and capers.
Serve the pancakes with a slice of carrot and caper sauce.
Fillet of Norwegian salmon baked with mozzarella cheese
Fillet of Norwegian Salmon - 600 g
Mozzarella cheese - 250 g
Sunflower oil for frying - 1/2 cup
Dried tomatoes - 5 pcs., Finely chopped
Olive oil - 1/2 cup
Honey - 1 tbsp. l
Balsamic vinegar - 2 tbsp. l
Capers - 1 tsp.
A few anchovies, chopped green olives
Salt, pepper to taste.
To decorate the dish:
Green shoots - 1 bunch
Tomatoes - 3 pcs.
Chopped garlic - 1 tsp.
Chopped basil - 1 tsp.
Olive oil - 1/2 cup
Norwegian tempu marinate six hours in oil with the addition of dried tomatoes. Fry pickled salmon on a wire rack or in a pan. After that, place the fillets in a heat-resistant frying pan, cover with mozzarella cheese slices and set for 10 minutes in the oven, preheated to 180ºC. Fry in oil tomatoes, garlic, green shoots and basil. Prepare the sauce, seasoning with spices to taste. Put the fish on roasted vegetables and serve with fragrant sauce.